Let's be honest, I was more excited about decorating my dorm room than doing anything else in college. Decorating dorm rooms is so much fun, but the trends are constantly changing so you never know what to buy. Lucky for you, I have found some of the trendiest dorm rooms that you need to copy in 2021. These rooms are the cutest and there are ideas for every style and aesthetic!
These dorm room 2021 ideas are definitely Pinterest worthy and will make you SO excited to go off to college and decorate (because that's the best part, right?!). Having a dorm room that you love will make your college life so much better because the space that you do everything in will be cute, homey, and happy.
This post is all about dorm room 2021 ideas.
BEST DORM ROOM 2021 IDEAS: 1. Create canvas collages for wall decor Recreate this bright, girly dorm room:
Have you ever seen better decor for a dorm room? Everyone is obsessed with the photo collages, but this takes it to the next level.
You could DIY these canvas collages so easily and they would look amazing. You could make them any aesthetic you want (but I am loving this hot pink and white moment).
2. Use these pastel crates to stay organized & trendy Recreate this neat, trendy little space:
Probably the most trendy organization item of all time: the HAY crates. All the influencers in their danish style apartments know that these pastel crates are a must.
They would be SO perfect in a dorm room for keeping all of you toiletry items together, or storing stuff in a shelf like this pic.
3. Use floating shelves for display & organization I used to wish there were floating shelves that would work in a dorm room, and I always assumed there was nothing out there that could actually hold stuff up.
THEN I found these photo ledges made by the command hook brand (so you know they're good) and I'm obsessed. You could put little photos and decor up there, or even school supplies as pictured.
WANT A FREE College PACKING LIST? Simplify your apartment move with our amazing FREE College Packing List. Simply click the button below to get your Apartment Packing List delivered straight to your inbox!
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD PRINTABLE! 4. Use vines & functional items as wall decor Recreate this cozy, boho dorm room:
Buy on World Market
Guys - this dorm room is everything. I absolutely love the way she used functional items like her ukulele and hat as wall decor, and I am obsessed with the desk chair.
Don't forget that you will be spending a LOT of time at that desk, so you want a comfy chair that you can work at, get ready at, eat at, etc.
5. Create a fancy desk space Recreate this incredibly put-together dorm room:
Buy on Kirklands Buy on Target
This dorm room is insane!! I never thought about bringing my own big mirror, but now I literally think it should become a dorm room essential .
The fancy mirror and lamp make this dorm room seem like a nice hotel, not some random building on a college campus.
6. Use plants to add some life into the space You know me, I am usually the ultimate fake plant advocate, but something about having a real plant in a dorm room is so nice.
This snake plant thrives on neglect and can go without being watered for a long time. I think live plants are so good for dorm rooms because they give you something to take care of and have responsibility.
7. Use peel & stick wallpaper Recreate this dreamy dorm room:
You know we're all big fans of the classic dalmatian peel and stick wallpaper, but this brick look is SO good.
If you want a less busy look and something with a little more character, this brick wallpaper is so good.
8. Frame your posters for a more finished look Recreate this cozy, black and white dorm room:
Posters are a given for dorm rooms, but framing them can take them from a flimsy poster taped to the wall to looking like actual art.
I love these black and white prints that you could frame with the amazon frames and tape up with some 3M tape.
9. Get a step stool that's cute AND functional I have never seen such a cute storage ottoman. They're always those super basic boxy ones that aren't that cute, but THIS ONE is sooo cute.
The gold legs and little velvety top . It comes in so many cute colors too!
10. Go with all white and pops of color sourced from: @samashley32
Recreate this bright, minimalistic dorm room:
This is one of our all time favorite dorm rooms at BSL. The all white aesthetic is SO good and the wall decor is just right.
Sam, the girl who put this room together, actually made the tapestry herself . Too good.
11. Use string lights to fill up empty wall space Recreate this lovely, leopard dorm room:
For some reason I can't get over this dorm room. It is so simple but it looks so cozy and put together.
You can't go wrong with white and leopard and the string lights are the perfect way to fill up empty wall space while also adding some nice ambiance!
12. Get a pretty tray for your beauty products Having a little tray to display your perfume, jewelry, and cute skincare products is functional AND pleasing to the eye!!
These mirrored trays are soo trendy right now and I love this Amazon find. It looks way more expensive than it actually is!
13. Use a macrame wall hanging to display photos Recreate this cute photo display:
These macrame wall hangings are everywhere, but I love the idea of using it to hang pictures. Just grab some clothespins and you're good.
This is a great option for a macrame hanging, but always keep an eye out at HomeGoods for some really unique ones!!
14. Create a girl power photo collage Recreate this bright, fun photo collage:
Buy on Etsy
This photo collage is SO cute, especially for a dorm room. I love the girl power message (that's what we're all about) and the neon sign could not be more trendy!
15. Get a necklace holder to keep your jewelry organized
Keeping your jewelry organized in college can be such a pain, but this super cute and simple necklace holder can keep everything from getting tangled.
You know I love gold and white, so this is a good one
16. Add a fun, printed comforter Recreate this cute, preppy dorm room:
Buy on Target
If you can get your hands on a custom neon sign with your name, DO IT. I loveee the neon sign look for dorm rooms, and having a custom one is even more special.
The mixed patterns make a super cute overall look and I love the way this room is put together!
17. Keep it sweet and simple Recreate this classic, cute dorm room:
I feel like this is one of the most realistic dorm rooms I have seen in a while. If you're not super into all of the extra things like wallpaper and custom neon signs then this a great dorm room inspiration for you.
With a couple fun things on the walls and mixing a bunch of textures n your bed, you can make a perfectly cozy little space.
18. Get a cute bedside lamp
I never thought about bringing this with me to college. I brought a lamp for my desk but that was it. I was constantly doing the turn off your lights and sprint to your bed thing .
I got a super small lamp like this and it was perfect.
19. Stick with black and white for a chic look Recreate this cozy, chic dorm room:
Buy on Society6
This room looks like the BEST place to crash after a long day. It looks so warm and cozy.
I love the black and white posters, they have a very chic and fancy look .
20. Use warm, fun colors and patterns Recreate this beautiful, boho bed space:
I love how coordinated this dorm room is. The bedding, pillows, and photo collage all match and I am here for it!
Photo collages are so nice because they're super easy, can be personalized, and fill up all that empty wall space!!
21. Get a wall calendar to remember big due dates
I seriously can't live without a wall calendar. It's so nice to constantly be able to look up and see your whole month planned out.
In college, having a wall calendar kept me on top of everything and I never forgot big due dates or test dates (well.. maybeee not never).
22. Use a blush and white theme Recreate this classy, girly dorm room:
Buy on Minted
Having a theme with specific colors chosen makes decorating a dorm room SO much easier. I am a neutral girl at heart but adding a light pink is such a fun way to add some color into a dorm room.
23. Hang up posters of your favorite artist Recreate this trendy, cozy nook:
If you're an A$AP Rocky fan, this is the dorm room for you. Honestly though, you could achieve this look with any black and white poster and it would be SO cute.
The dalmation pillows are so cute and a nice change from the dalmation peel & stick wallpaper that we always see!
24. Get a pretty desk mirror
A desk mirror is so nice to have whether you have your own private bathroom or not.
There are some mirrors that are probably better for getting ready (the ones with the lights and zoomed in mirror) but this one is just so cute and dainty for decor.
25. Fill up wall space with a photo collage Recreate this bright, fun dorm room:
Photo collages are the perfect way to fill up those big, empty walls! I love how the photos are square and perfectly distributed across this wall. It looks like they are mostly personal photos, which is so fun because you get to constantly look at all of your fun memories.
Once again, the neon signs are a hit! They are so cute and really add something to a room that you can't achieve with a poster or cork board.
26. Always hang up your personal photos Recreate this perfect, patterned dorm room:
Personal photos are the best way to decorate because you always have your friends and family with you, no matter how far away you are.
This dorm room is so cute. Mixing patterns can be hard, but this was definitely a successful design!
27. You NEED a letter board What's a college dorm room without a letter board? It's pretty much a dorm room staple at this point. You can leave notes for your roomies or put an inspirational quote up to keep you going!
This post was all about dorm room 2021 ideas. Other Posts You May Like: 41 Best Dorm Gifts To Give College Students 55+ Graduation Gift Ideas College Students Will Actually Use 23 Trendiest Dorm Room Rugs That Will Transform Your Dorm want ALL the free college printables?! Receive all of my most popular College Printables for FREE! Simply click the button below and get all of these sent directly to your inbox.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD!
The post 27 Insanely Trendy Dorm Room 2021 Ideas appeared first on By Sophia Lee.
#Dorm #AllPostsOnCollege #COLLEGE